The Tourist Visa is known as the Subclass 600 Visa. This visa stream lets you visit Australia as a tourist, to go on a cruise or to see family and friends.
With this visa you can
- visit family or friends
- be here as a tourist, for a cruise, or for purposes other than business or medical treatment
· You might be granted a stay of 3, 6 or 12 months
· You must be outside Australia when you apply and when the Australia Immigration Department decides your visa.
Cost: From AUD150
- 25% of applications: 16 Days
- 50% of applications: 39 Days
- 75% of applications: 63 Days
- 90% of applications: 4 Months
*Due to COVID-19, some visa processing times have been affected and applications may take longer to finalise. For Visitors and Working Holiday Makers the processing time is calculated differently depending on when you applied. If you applied before the border reopened, then the processing time is calculated from the date you became eligible to travel. If you applied after the border reopened, then the processing time is calculated from the date you applied.
- intend to come to Australia to visit only
- have enough money for your stay in Australia
- not work in Australia
- you must be outside Australia when you apply and when a decision is reached on your visa
Get your visa application right the first time
The department is currently processing a high number of visa applications.
Your visa application can take longer if it contains incorrect information or documents are missing. It may even be refused.
There are things you can do to make sure that when you submit your visa application it is ‘decision ready’. This will help us process your application faster.
When preparing your application for a visa to Australia, remember to:
- provide all the required information and documents
- allow plenty of time to collect the necessary documents and information. It can take longer than you expect to get copies of official documents such as birth and marriage certificates, police checks, medical reports and translations of documents
- double check you have included everything and all information is correct before you submit your application. Make sure your name is spelt as it appears in your passport, including your middle name, and that it has not been auto-corrected by your device
- submit your application well ahead of when you want to travel. We suggest you book your flight after your visa has been granted.
NOTE: Submit one visa application for each person travelling to Australia
Submitting multiple visa applications for the same person will not help you get a faster visa decision – it may even slow it down.
Help with your visa
If you are getting help with your visa, before you pay someone, read this carefully:
Only certain people can help you with your visa application. This help is immigration assistance.
What is immigration assistance?
Immigration assistance is when a person uses knowledge of, or experience in, migration procedure to assist with visa applications or other visa matters by:
- preparing, or helping to prepare a visa application or other document
- advising about a visa application or visa matter
- representing in, or preparing for, proceedings before a court or review authority in relation to a visa matter.
If you appoint someone to give you immigration assistance, they must be:
- a registered migration agent
- a legal practitioner, or
- an exempt person.
We have a reliable and trusted migration agent as well as a trustworthy and verified travel agency. For more information, contact us thru the details on our REACH US page.